Saturday, August 14, 2010

No Man is an Island

People need hugs. They need the people they love. They need people who love them.

I have needed these people for some time now. I knew I missed my family and my loved ones back home. But I don’t think I realized how much I was missing.

Chantel said to me today, “Its nice have you here. I don’t realize how much I miss friends until you are here.”

I love Everett’s cheeks, and Cora’s crooked cheesy grins, and Ethan’s smart questions. I love that they all call me Kell. That means so much to me, it almost makes me want to cry. I love that Greg finds me funny and that Chantel always agrees with me and I always know "exactly what she means." (She’s so eloquent in describing the things that I can’t. She neeeeds to blog. I hope I can talk her into actually doing it.)

I have to say I’ve also missed the affection. I didn’t realize how much I missed tight hugs and holding hands with kids as we walk down the road.

It all goes back to that philosophy of mine… people are the most important part of our lives.




4 comments:

  1. I'm tearing up sitting here in a random california airport, waiting for my ride which, of course, is stuck in traffic. I miss you! I miss the fawsons! I've been all alone for almost two weeks and I'm hormonal. I'm blaming that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm tearing up too and I can't even blame it on hormones. Make Chantel blog. And give her a big squeeze for me. Love all your posts Mikell, such a great adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. GOODNESS i miss you as well! When are you coming home??

    ReplyDelete