Friday, August 13, 2010

Prague is Magical

I've been having a lot of "I can't believe I'm here" moments in the past month. The weekend after Vienna I went to Prague. Prague is pretty well hyped up in the European travel world. I feel like I've heard a million times "Prague is amazing!!!" but I never knew why.

And then I went.

There really is something magical about Prague.

Maybe its the quirky astronomical clock.


Or the church that looks like an evil witch's castle.


Maybe its the huge Gothic Cathedral on the hill.



Or the "largest castle in the world".


Maybe its the 13th Century "Charles Bridge" with its cool old statues and people selling their art.


Combine all, add a pink sunset and a fireworks show over the river, and that makes beautiful, magical Prague.



1 comment:

  1. Prague is one of the cities, along with Budapest, that rebuilt my faith in the universe. I was always so disappointed that Western Europe didn't look like the fairy kingdom I had envisioned, but then I looked just a little east, and all was well! Prague is the place where Briar Rose could have walked. ;)

    ReplyDelete