Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Day 2: Munich

Today I woke up feeling way more rested. I was exhausted yesterday. So exhausted I didn't even realize it.

We got the kids off to school, and then Paula and I went into Munich. Bus+Subway+Us with no German skills=and adventure in and of itself. We made it, and it really wasn't that hard, so now I know how to do it. I just need to find a way to get a cheaper pass. 6,50 euro for a day pass is steep!

I was marveling and gawking just at the countryside and the nice train, and the lady with the soothing voice telling us which stop was next (whats with me and ladies with soothing voices?) But then we came out of the station right in Marienplatz. THIS is Marienplatz. Wow. I've seen so many pictures, but it was so cool to be there in person. Wow.

We walked all around, but it unfortunately it was really rainy. We shopped a bit, I bought a really cute umbrella, and I got my first German Bratwurst! I know, thats so touristy of me, but it was worth feeling touristy. It was DELICIOUS. Mmm. Craving another already.

Notice the dirndl and Bratwurst!

Paula was cold (and so was I, I was just too absorbed in everything to notice I was wet up to my knees and down to my shoulders) so we headed home a little early. Don't worry though, I'm going to have a million chances to explore the city. :)

I love this whole area already.

Coming Soon: "Culture Shock", "The Dang Cute Kids", and "Working Out the Details"

No comments:

Post a Comment