Monday, June 28, 2010

I. LOVE. Art.

I went to the Alte Pinakothek the other day. That’s the big art Museum here in Munich. It was so great! I forgot how much I love looking at art. There’s just something about seeing it right there in front of you that is incredibly satisfying. I love to look at the brush strokes, the portrayals of emotions, the use of light… I didn’t realize I actually learned something in those humanities classes! It was so nice to wander around the museum at my own pace, headphones on, digesting and enjoying the work of all these famous, skilled painters. I highly recommend it. Once I got past the little bit of loneliness, it was so nice to walk around and form my own judgments about everything. It was an awesome day.

Here's some pics of some of my favorites:


Raphael

Da Vinci!!!


Durer

Durer

One of my favorites.

I loved the little boys in this.

Rembrandt

1 comment: