Thursday, June 24, 2010

A Sunny Day In Munich

Munich is beautiful.

I went to the Viktualen Market today, beautiful. Fun. Touristy, but also not. Flowers, wreaths, food food food. Such delicious food that I probably spent 45 min wandering around trying to pick something with the following qualifications: authentic, shopkeeper who could understand me, and cheap. In the end I got my first real Bavarian pretzel, and it was delish. Waaaay better than “ready time” or whatever. I think they actually do boil them. They taste like the mini pretzels, but big, and a little softer (but not too soft). It was great. Plus some yummy chicken and potato salad.

I walked around and tried to not feel a little lonely as I saw things and thought of my family- yarn shop, dad would love that, pretty wreath, I’d love to get that for mom, it be fun to send Matt that postcard. I really do like being on my own, picking everything (although honestly, I was about to go get Subway because I was so indecisive), choosing how to spend my time, having my own experiences to learn from and talk about, but I almost wish I had someone to analyze my experiences with. How drunk were those guys who told me to take a picture of them as I walked by? What language were those people speaking? Why is spargel (big, white asparagus) so popular?
I really am happy though. I’m so happy that I’m finally DOING something real, something great, something unique, something I’ll talk about with the people I love for the rest of my life. It will be my experience to compare all other experiences to. Not only do I get to live this now, but I get to bore my future children with it FOREVER! Bahaha! I really am happy, I really am. Just doing things on my own is new for me. Its good for me.
There. Proof I was there. Proof its awkward to take pictures of yourself. Proof I'm not good at it. But hey, I'm doing my best.

I also saw the glockenspiel on the nues rathaus. Its cute, but chintz and touristy. I should’ve taken a picture of all the people taking pictures, but I was too busy taking pictures of what everyone else was taking pictures of myself. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment